Saturday, November 22, 2008
Saturday, June 28, 2008
This is actually a meme that I stumbled across here, and I thought it looked fun.
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car),
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie)
Rocky Road Chocolate Chip (not exactly threatening-sounding)
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name),
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal),
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born),
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first),
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink),
The Purple Margarita
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers),
9. STRIPPER NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy),
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ),
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter),
12. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower).
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”)
14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree),
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”),
The Crocheting Thunderstorm Tour (probably the weirdest one on here)
Friday, June 27, 2008
Anyway, as I was saying, today was "water day" at school, which she was really excited about. We showed up at school with Peyton in her cute little red swimsuit, sprayed her sunscreen on in front of the car, grabbed her lunchbox (One of her favorite things about going to school is carrying a lunchbox), and as she was walking up the sidewalk to her class, Peyton threw up all over the sidewalk. No indication of being sick, no fever, just stopped and upchucked right in front of the classroom and her teacher. The teacher quickly got something to clean it up and promptly told me that Peyton had to go home. What, really? No kidding? Um yeah, I know that, thanks for pointing that out to me. They did at least let me use the bathroom in her class and clean her up a little.
Here it is, about 5 hours since then, and no more upchucking, no fever, no tummyache, nothing. I personally think it was just an upset tummy or something. She isn't sick. Now I totally understand that she couldn't stay at school, but it really sucked for her. I had to pry her away from the school kicking and screaming after that this morning. She kept trying to put her stuff in her cubby as I was taking it out. She cried for at least 20 minutes after we left. Poor baby.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
So, since we have no backyard pool, this week I took the girls to the public pool. We have several pools in town , and they are all super cheap to use. I haven't taken the girls to a pool here before, so I figured it would be an adventure. It was, the lifeguard must have blown her whistle at Peyton 10 times for running. She was running away from me. I think her ultimate goal was to jump in the deep end and walk on the bottom of the pool. I was so worn out after being at the pool for 90 minutes, and I was sure they would want to nap after we got home. But of course not. Peyton did because she naps every afternoon. But Riley would not, she was a bundle of energy.
Riley did take the time that afternoon to write me a note to thank me for taking her to the pool and that I was her very best mother. Aww, I take my kids to things like that so rarely lately that when I do , my poor kid writes me a thank you note for it. I suck.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
On a related note, the first person from my class to take the NCLEX took it today. I'm really wondering how she did, but not really. I'm almost positive she passed.
We have been shopping around for a church for awhile now. We have been to this particular church a couple of times, one of those was Easter Sunday. It's not a super big church, but not so small that it doesn't offer activities for the kids. That is important to me. I don't want a church that has the congregation size of a small city, but I also don't want one super small either.
Anyway, Riley has been having a ball at VBS. I'm glad I am taking her; she really needs lots of social interaction. I think she is making friends as well. They are performing during service Sunday, so it looks like we will be going there for church Sunday.